Who we are
The Asociación Real Tour is located in Caño Negro, Los Chiles, Alajuela.
- 12 boats with capacities from 2 to 26 people.
- Boats with roofs, life jackets, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, bird guide books, etc.
- Tour guides are local people with extensive experience (but they are not bilingual)
- We offer boat rides in the refuge
- We give sport fishing excursions
- We have hikes through the wetlands
Asociación Real Tour’s offices are on the southeastern side of Caño Negro Park. Facilities include:
- Tour Information
- Waste Collection Center
- Service for 6 computers with wireless Internet connection
- The public dock and entrance to Caño Negro National Wildlife Refuge are 50 meters from the office
Office hours are Monday to Sunday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Since we are in a very remote area of the country, we cannot accept debit or credit cards..
Caño Negro National Wildlife Refuge:
- Caño Negro is a nature sanctuary
- It is a must for plant and animal lovers.
- A magical place especially for those who are birdwatchers.
- Around 350 species of resident and migratory birds inhabit this spectacular site.
- In the river we find around 30 species of fish with the most important ones being the guapote (rainbow bass), snook, tarpon and gar, a primitive-looking fish that is considered to be a living fossil.
- Caño Negro is a RAMSAR Wetland of International Importance and it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
This refuge is considered to be one of the most biologically diverse areas of Costa Rica.
It is the third most internationally important wetland in the world.
In order to ensure its protection, the Asociación Real Tour (comprised of local area members) invites you to visit this magical place and visit the different enterprises and initiatives managed by the community to preserve and share its cultural identity with visitors.